Just doing a quickie post here saying that all video productions – including Let’s Plays and The Fezcast – are on hold until Mid-to-Late October.
The Poll Forum, which will have its second entry tomorrow, along with other blog content will resume.
Let’s Play Updates
- New Super Mario Bros. Wii – On Hold, will resume immediately after hiatus.
- Crash Bandicoot 2: N-Tranced – Cancelled, see below.
- Sonic the Hedgehog 4: Episode II – Start Date Postponed Indefinitely.
Crash 2 GBA Update: Due to old hardware and new hardware being a sour divorced couple, I’m unable to record this Blind LP in good quality. If you saw the first ep you probably noticed the video ‘jumped’, in editing the video file was a pain too, and quite frankly, it isn’t worth my time of day. Sorry guys, when / if I fix it, I’ll LP it properly.
There are several reasons behind this hiatus, first-and-foremost, I have college deadlines to meet, notably two huge essays due in on the 17th, and another on the 19th and the 31st. But there is also a technical issue behind this too. I’m selling my iMac either later this week or very early next week, I have several reasons, the first being I need money for the Wii U, the second to be able to fund some new improvements to the recording setup. These ‘2013’ upgrades will reach their climax with my new capture card, the Thunderbolt edition of the Blackmagic Intensity Shuttle! A full change-log is below.
Planned ‘Post-2013’ Upgrades a.k.a. LP V3.5
- Computer: Increase RAM from 8GB to 12GB (‘2014’ Upgrades) then 16GB (‘2015’ Upgrades)
The ‘2013’ Upgrades a.k.a. LP V3.0
- Computer: New MacBook Pro
- Capture Device: Blackmagic Intensity Shuttle, ???
- Operating System: Windows 7 (via Boot Camp)
- Microphone: Blue Snowball (Ice? TBC)
The ‘2012’ Upgrades a.k.a. LP V2.0
- Computer: Increase RAM from 1GB to 4GB
- Storage: 2TB External Hard Drive
- Capture Device: Hauppauge HD PVR
- Microphone: Turtle Beach EarForce X12
- Software: Adobe Premiere Pro CS5, Adobe Photoshop CS5
The Original Setup a.k.a. LP V1.0
- Computer: iMac
- Capture Device: Dazzle DVC-101
- Microphone: Turtle Beach EarForce X11
- Software: ScreenFlow, GIMP